Adaway: The reason which makes Android one of the most popular operating systems is its apps. You need to type in or use the Google Assistant to search for your preferable app, and it is there for you. However, at some point in time, the irritating ads that spur up within the apps can test your patience. To make things worse, some ads are unnecessarily lengthy.
No matter, whichever app you are using ads are bound to surface at frequent intervals. The ads finance the content. Thus it is imperative for the app developer. But, on the other hand, they play spoilsport with your phone. There are the banner ads which will not budge anywhere, flash ads that occupy the entire screen, and the most annoying one, the pop-up ads that come up all of a sudden. You must have wondered if there is a possible way to stop these unwanted ads. The good news is, you can. Try the ad blocker app Adaway, we ensure, the ads will become alien, and you can enjoy using the apps you prefer without any interruptions. Did your eyes light up reading this much, thinking, at last, you can get rid of those irritating ads? So, read on and become familiar with the Adaway app.
Download Adaway Pro Apk & Remove Ads on Rooted Android Device
What is Adaway Pro?
Adaway will manage to block ads for you. Whether you are playing a game, reading an e-book or surfing the internet, ads will never bother you again. The essential characteristic of Adaway is to block ads globally. It manages to do so by modifying the HOSTS file of the smartphone or any other Android device which you use.
The only criterion is, the Android device has to be rooted. It requires access to the Root, only then it will be successful in blocking the ads. If you are unsure about how to root an Android device, do not fret. There are tons of free rooting tools which should help you in rooting your Android device. Easy as pie! Hey! Do not rush to root your device right now. First, understand the features of this ad blocker app Adaway.
Some Notable Features of Adaway Pro
Adaway has diverse features which makes it the numero uno ad blocker for Android. Let us take a look.
- After the installation, it accesses the host’s file and works by redirecting connections to advertisement services. Additionally, It also lets you to white and blacklist domains and IPs. You decide if you want to see ads or not.
- It does not require any further configuring once it is set up. As soon as the ad blocker changes the host’s file, you will not require running Adaway also. Only when you need to update the host’s file, you will need to run the app.
- It can always select host files following your selection.
- The ad blocker app is an open-source and therefore a free app.
- At any point in time, you can add new hostnames and IP addresses in the redirect list.
- Since Adaway is easy to install and is a one-time setup, it does not require the involvement of many resources.
Considering the widespread advantages of this app, the trifle drawbacks should not bother you very much. That the app is not available for download on Google Play, can be a matter of concern for some people. Similarly, those who are fearful of the consequences of rooting their Android device may not want to experiment with it. But, we can assure you, there is nothing to be worried. You will appreciate the workability of Adaway for sure.
How does Adaway work? Best Way to Block Ads on Android Phones
The time now to quench your curiosity, after reading this, you will be able to understand the process in which Adaway works. After downloading and installation of the app, it will immediately ask you to access the root file. You need to accept the request. You will find an option “Download files and apply ad blocking,” you have to press that button. It will start downloading and apply the host files to initiate the procedure of ad blocking.
When the host file application step finishes, the app will display a message asking you to reboot your Android device. It is not mandatory; you can skip rebooting if you want. Now, you get the option to scan for adware from the app menu. You are ready to use Adaway to white and blacklist host files. Additionally, you also have the convenience of adding your host files to the blocking list. Upon the successful completion of the steps mentioned above, the ads appearing in your installed apps and websites will never appear. Lastly, once done with the process, do not forget to enable the “Download from other sources” option.
How to Download Adaway Pro
All said and done, but we did not tell you yet the ways of downloading this useful ad blocker app. Unfortunately, as you know, you would not find the app in the Google Play store. Thus, you have to rely on the third-party app stores or from the official website of the app. We have elaborated the same on the download instructions below.
- Visit the official website and follow the instructions for downloading the app.
- The other method involves installing a third-party app store, for example, the F-Droid. You may search and find other app stores as well.
- On downloading any third-party app stores you’ll get notified that the type of file can harm your device, but mandatorily you should tap on OK.
- Once the file gets downloaded tap on OPEN.
- Next, click on the Install button, and launch the app.
- On launching the app, you will witness a green color magnifying glass on the app interface, tap on it and type in the AdAway in the search bar and once you get the result click on the AdAway Block then Install button.
- And once you tap on the install button, it may ask you for enabling the “Allow from this source” option. Just toggle it on and you are good to go.
- Now click on the back button and tap on the Install.
- And that’s all now you have successfully downloaded the AdAway ad blocker on your device.
By now, you must have become familiar with the Adaway. You can always refer to this guide if you forget any steps which involve downloading and using the app correctly. There is hardly any complexity handling this ad blocker app. Download this useful app today, and bid farewell to all those ads forever.